Learn at home online learning is a huge part of our society today. It is the way of the world as we know it. It is very important that children learn how to navigate the internet and online learning as these skills will only become more and more prevalent as time goes by. This may seem scary and hard for some, but it is really very easy.
Learn at home online learning
We developed Your Digital Classroom because we could feel this happening. We had taught our courses in many classrooms throughout Ontario, but we could not reach everyone. We had families reaching out to us and we just could not offer our courses to them. Therefore, we decided that our safety courses were just too important to not be able to be accessed by all children. The safety skills that we teach in our courses are basic skills that can be taught in all societies, cultures and countries. What the children learn in our courses are skills that they take with them as they become teenagers and as adults. Simple skills that become more complex as they get older.
If you the parent have not taken an online course yet or participated in online learning through your job, we would like to tell you just how easy it is. If your child has been to a public, separate or private school, they have already participated in some sort of online learning, so they may be able to assist you 🙂
Have you ever purchased something online before? So easy! Here is a list of how to start your learn at home online learning for your child.
- Purchase the course(s) you would like. We have 4 courses: Stranger Danger; Internet Safety & Bullying 101, The Home Alone Course with First Aid, The Babysitting Course and our FREE course called Walking to and from school ~Safely.
- Create a profile for your child that you can access at all times.
- The course will be available immediately inside the site.
- Your child just needs to click on the course and it will literally tell them how to proceed forward.
Once your child is inside the course they will learn in many different ways.
They will be able to read a module. A module is like a topic, its a written area to be read about that specific topic. If your child has trouble reading, not a problem, as they can hit the audio button and listen to the written part. They can listen to this as many times as they would like.
There may be a video to watch, or a downloadable PDF where they can print off the activity and finish it away from the computer. There are also games and quizzes. The best part of all is that your child can take up to one year to complete the courses and they can review the content as many times as they need to until they are satisfied.
Finally, online learning is very convenient for families and children. Why?
- You can learn when the time is right for your schedule
- Ease of accessibility, meaning the course content is available at any time the student wants it
- The student can control the study time for the courses, you can take the course in one sitting or take it over several days or weeks
- The student can have all the time they need to absorb the materials
Finally, when your child is done the courses, they will get an amazing printable certificate that they can add to their accomplishments and use on any resumes in their near future.
We hope that this post may help you to better understand learn at home online learning and just how easy and beneficial it can be. If you have any questions, please reach out to us and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Stay safe everyone 🙂