The Babysitters Course is specially designed for pre-teens/teens to learn how to stay safe and how to keep another person safe while they are in the babysitters care. They will also learn babysitting basics, regarding how to start babysitting, and how to do so safely, as well as babysitting and care for the children, specifically children who are infants, toddlers, pre-schoolers and school aged children. The student will also learn about babysitting and basic first aid in case an emergency occurs.
The Babysitting Course is divided into three sections:
- Babysitting Basics
- Babysitting and Care for the Children
- Babysitting and First Aid
Each section is divided into the following topics:
- Introduction to babysitting
- What makes a great babysitter?
- What should you expect from your employer?
- My Babysitter Binder
- My First Aid Kit
- How to create a resume
- Important topics to consider before babysitting
- Important safety topics to consider before babysitting
- Emergency medical services – EMS for Babysitters
- Calling 911 / EMS
- Personal safety and security – Dealing with strangers
- Personal safety and security – Inappropriate touching
- Personal safety and security – Child abuse
Included are 10 downloadable PDF’s, 36 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
Babysitting and Care for the Children
- Development of infants
- Caring for infants
- How to change a diaper
- Caring for toddlers
- Caring for pre-schoolers
- Caring for school aged children
Included are 2 downloadable PDF’s, 25 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
Babysitting and First Aid
- Checking for dangers when babysitting
- Sprains, strains and fractures when babysitting
- Burns when babysitting
- Special health concerns – Allergies and asthma when babysitting
- Bleeding and caring for cuts and wounds when babysitting
- Nosebleeds when babysitting
- Choking when babysitting
- Breathing emergencies when babysitting
- Poisons when babysitting
- Fire safety when babysitting
- Water safety when babysitting
- Head injuries when babysitting
Included are 2 quizzes and interactive activities, 5 downloadable PDF’s, 42 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
On completion of the entire course, there will be a fourth printable certificate to show that the course has been completed in full.
A computer, tablet or smart phone. A pen or pencil and a notebook.