The Home Alone Course with First Aid is specially designed for pre-teens/teens to learn how to stay safe and how to perform first aid on themselves, if an emergency occurs, while they are alone.
The course is divided into two sections:
- Staying at Home Alone
- Home Alone and Basic First Aid
Each section is divided into the following topics:
Staying at Home Alone
- What things can I do when I am at home alone?
- Home alone rules
- Do this safety checklist with a parent
- Are you responsible enough to be at home on your own?
- Your house key
- Phone list
- Emergency Medical Services / EMS
- Calling 911/EMS
- Making food that is safe to prepare and eat
- Recipes for you
Included are 2 interactive quizzes and activities and 5 downloadable PDF’s, 16 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
Home Alone and Basic First Aid
- Checking for dangers
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Special health concerns – Allergies and asthma
- Bleeding and caring for cuts and wounds
- First aid kit
- Breathing emergencies
- Fire safety
- Water safety
Included are 6 interactive quizzes and activities, 5 downloadable PDF’s, 41 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
On completion of the entire course, there will be a third printable certificate to show that the course has been completed in full.
A computer, tablet or smart phone. A pen or a pencil and a notebook.