The Home Alone Course with First Aid is specially designed for pre-teens/teens to learn how to stay safe and how to perform first aid on themselves, if an emergency occurs, while they are alone.
The Home Alone Course is divided into two sections:
- Staying at Home Alone
- Home Alone and Basic First Aid
Each section is divided into the following topics:
Staying at Home Alone
- What things can I do when I am at home alone?
- Home alone rules
- Do this safety checklist with a parent
- Are you responsible enough to be at home on your own?
- Your house key
- Phone list
- Emergency Medical Services / EMS
- Calling 911/EMS
- Making food that is safe to prepare and eat
- Recipes for you
Included are 2 interactive quizzes and activities and 5 downloadable PDF’s, 16 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
Home Alone and Basic First Aid
- Checking for dangers
- Sprains, strains and fractures
- Special health concerns – Allergies and asthma
- Bleeding and caring for cuts and wounds
- First aid kit
- Breathing emergencies
- Fire safety
- Water safety
Included are 6 interactive quizzes and activities, 5 downloadable PDF’s, 41 minutes of audio to listen to and 1 printable certificate.
On completion of the entire course, there will be a third printable certificate to show that the course has been completed in full.
A computer, tablet or smart phone. A pen or a pencil and a notebook.